Wanted: Beautiful, Interesting, Wacky, Colorful Quilts
Which of your quilts will you enter in our quilt show? Remember that our “Summer in the Grove” Quilt Show is a quilt show NOT a contest. So, please consider entering one of your favorite quilts to be displayed in our show. Entry forms will be available at the April meeting and should be completed and turned in by the June meeting, but the quilt itself does not have to be turned in until the July business meeting (at the latest).
— Elaine Ohgi, Quilt Acquisitions
Thank you to all of you who have volunteered to put together an opportunity basket for the upcoming quilt show. If anyone else wants to put together a basket for this great fundraiser, please contact Marilyn Pond. Let’s make this a huge success. Here is what we have so far:
1. Barbara Winkler Cross Stitch Variety Basket
2. Cotton Patchers Italian Basket
3. Holy Piecers/Shoreline Stitchers Fall Basket
4. Loose Threads Batiks
5. Monday Morning Madams Spa
6. Talking Threads Patriotic
7. Thread Friends Coffee
8. Sew What In the Good Old Summertime
9. Stitch ‘N Bitches ???
10. Wednesday Wackos Adult Beverage
— Carol Logue & Marilyn Pond
Are you working on your Nine Patch challenge quilt? There is still plenty of time to make a cute little quilt with the fabric provided to be part of our special tribute wall.
The rules are simple:
– Keep it small – a placemat, table runner, wall hanging will do.
– There must be a nine patch in some form on the quilt front.
– The challenge fabrics must be visible on the quilt front.
– Have fun and be creative.
— Glenda McNeil